Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Triple Chocolate Cookies

Oh yeah... doing the happy white girl dance (its not a pretty thing)... I baked edible cookies! More than edible... these are the bomb! I might turn out to be a baker after all!

It all started on a search for some good ole chocolate chocolate chip cookies. It's one of those recipes that you just can't find anywhere... so I made my own. And it worked! Can you tell how excited I am yet? This recipe will make between 12 and 24 cookies... depending on how big your spoon is.




2 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 cup Walnuts, chopped *(optional)

1) Heat oven to 350 (325 for a toaster oven).

2) Whisk together flour, cocoa, soda, and salt until incorporated.

3) In large bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth. Slowly add in the flour mixture until all is blended. Stir in chips and nuts.

4) Drop mixture by the spoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, sides not touching. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.

*Since I am allergic to nuts, I put them all on individually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment