Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Confetti Brown Rice

Last summer I had to go through surgery and was then able to get my iron levels back up to where the doctors were comfortable. My body rejected any vitamins in pill and liquid forms so I had to figure out how to ingest more iron through my meals. Spinach became my very best friend during this time. I put spinach in EVERYTHING! Confetti Rice is a dish I created to help get myself both energy and extra iron.

This makes about 4-6 servings.

1 cup Instant Brown Rice
1 Carrot, peeled and diced
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Parsley, dried
1 cup Baby Spinach, chopped

1) Cook rice according to package.

2) Meanwhile, melt butter with oil in small saucepan. Add carrots and saute until carrots are crisp-tender  about 8-10 minutes, then add the garlic and parsley and saute another 2 minutes.

3) When rice is done, add the spinach and fluff with fork, replace lid and let sit 5 minutes. Add the carrot mixture and stir.

This goes great with my Chicken Adobo!

No comments:

Post a Comment