Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

5 Minute Orange Kissed Chocolate Cake!

There is an EVIL woman with whom I call mom who sent me this devilishly good recipe for a five minute chocolate cake. Yep, there goes the diets ladies! No more pulling out the mixers. All the equipment we need now is a fork and a mug and of course... a microwave.

I have never been a fan of cooking in the new age box, its only been good for reheating my coffee... until now. Thanks to my evil mother, I can bake a cake for two (only if your partner wins at dueling forks that is) while I'm finishing off the diner dishes.

For my first attempt I went ahead and used a cream cheese frosting, but we found it way too sweet for that. If anything, on my next attempt I will only use a powder sugar glaze. It really is pretty sweet without anything.

Heres everything you will need:

4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
4 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Egg, beaten
3 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Oil
3 tbsp Chocolate Chips
Dash Vanilla Extract
Smidgen Orange Extract

Below are some pictures to help you on your way:

1) Mix all the dry ingredients in a large coffee mug.
2) Using fork, mix in egg, milk and oil. Then add the extracts and chips.
Not pretty, but bare with me...

3) Now, place the mug in your microwave for 3 minutes on high (1000 watts). Do not freak out when you see the cake begin to grow up and over the rim of the mug. I panicked to no avail. Its not going anywhere.

4) Leave the mug in the microwave for about 2 minutes, then set it on your counter to cool. I gave mine about 5 minutes.

5) Run a knife along the edge to help the cake slide, hold the mug upside down on plate and let the cake slide out. Be careful, its still really hot!

Its hard to tell in this pic, but the steam fogged up my camera. So again, it is REALLY hot when it comes out.

6) For those who like things really sweet, go ahead and frost this baby. As stated before, I used a cream cheese frosting and the back of a spoon.

OK, ya'll can stop laughing now. We all know I am so NOT the baker!

2 comments: