Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ziti Pizza Bake

One night I was just too tired to make dinner. Yes, truly its so! I had found some personal sized pizza shells on my last shopping trip and thought to pull those out and make us a quick treat. I loaded up one with lots of pepperoni for my guy, but none for me since I'm allergic to the pepper part. Which means I had LOTS of pepperoni left over. So, I came up with this great baked pasta dish that was yummy and flavorful. Not to mention how quick and easy it was!

This recipe makes about 6 servings... unless my hunny is around then it drops to about 3.


1lb Ziti Pasta, raw
1 cup Speghetti Sauce
1/2 cup Pasta Water
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tsp Garlic, minced
30+ Pepperoni Slices, sliced in half
1 cup Spinach, fresh and stemmed
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper to taste

1) Preheat oven to 350. Line casserole dish in foil and spray with live Olive Oil.

2) In large pot cook pasta, drain (reserving 1/2 cup of the water) and set aside.

3) In same pot, whisk together the sauce and pasta water, add in peppers and let cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add in garlic and pepperoni and stir. Add in pasta and and spinach, toss to incorporate all ingredients and pour in prepared casserole. Sprinkle with parmesan and then mozzarella.

4) Bake, uncovered about 10 minutes until cheeses are bubbly. Then plate up!


No comments:

Post a Comment