Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kielbasa Soup

Every Tuesday is the day I clean out my fridge... it's the day before we go into town for our weekly shopping. Without a big freezer, I have to make a lot of room in my fridge to accommodate the new foods. So basically I try to throw everything I can into a big pot of soup or a casserole. This week I came up with a Kielbasa Soup that was outstanding! It serves about 4 regular sized bowls or 6-8 small bowls (if your using it in a course meal). I didn't have to use a lot of seasonings since everything already had it. Give it a shot and let me know how you changed it up to fit what was in YOUR fridge!


2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
1 Potato, peeled and diced
4 Garlic Cloves, sliced
1/4 tsp Celery Salt
1/4-1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 can White Beans, undrained
1 lb Kielbasa, sliced
1 can Tomatoes, diced with garlic and olive oil
2 1/2 cup Beef Broth (+-)

1) In large pot melt the butter in oil. Add in the carrots and potato and let saute 10 minutes until carrots are crisp-tender. Add in the celery salt, garlic, cayenne, beans, kielbasa and tomatoes, stir well. Add in enough of the beef broth to cover.

2) Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer 30 minutes until the meat has puffed and veggies are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment