Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dark Chocolate and Oatmeal Cookies

Decadent... gooey... oh so sweet! When making cookies I am so not the baker! You've heard me make that statement before, but seriously, I have witnesses to this. In my house, my hunny is the cookie maker. I do not even draw near the oven when they bake for fear my mere presence will ruin them. But boy did I knock one out of the ball park on these bad boys!

A friend of mine asked me a couple of weeks ago if I had any good recipes for Oatmeal Cookies. It seems her husband is a fan. So, off I went in search of something to fill his tummy and this is what I came up with. It makes about 24 cookies.

(You can stop licking the screen now!)

1 1/2 cup Flour
1 1/2 ts Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Shortening (I prefer Crisco)
3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Hot Water
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or 2 cups semi-sweet)
2 cup Oatmeal

1) Preheat oven to 350. Generously spray cookie sheet with Butter Flavor Pam.

2) In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, set aside.

3) In large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between each. Gradually add in the flour mixture with the hot water. Once this is mixed well, add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.

4) Drop by the spoonful onto prepared cookie sheet. You can use 2 sheets or bake one at a time. Into the oven they go for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on wire rack 5-10 minutes before moving, the chocolate will be hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment