Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cowboy Cacciatore

While I was surfing the web yesterday morning I came across a recipe for Chicken Cacciatore that had my mouth salivating. So off I ran to the kitchen to whip it up to have it in time for my dinner. But of course I wouldn't have all the required ingredients in my cupboard! After all, this was two days before market day. Why would I have the things I needed? 

Oh, not to fear! I whipped up this dish instead! It tastes like a cross between a chunky red sauce and chili. It is great being creative! 

Thanks to the Crock Pot site! This recipe makes about 6 servings. Don't forget to see what recipe I started with and how it ended up!

(I used Ziti Pasta in this)

6 Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless (breasts will work too)
2 tbsp Olive OIl
24oz Jar Spaghetti Sauce (any variety)
8oz can Tomato Sauce
1 can Tomato Soup
1 tsp Basil, Oregano, thyme, dried
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 White Onion, diced fine
1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilis (chili starter)
30 Pepperoni slices, quartered
6oz Sliced Mushrooms
1/4 cup Red Wine

1) In large skillet heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.

2) In large Crock Pot lay chicken on bottom and fill with remaining ingredients. There is no order to this, You can even mix it all in a seperate bowl before pouring over the chicken.

3) Cook for:
Low 5-7 hours
High 2-3 Hours
Best served over hot cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment