Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Saute Asparagus

While watching a show on the Hallmark channel called Mad Hungry, I saw a side dish that made my stomach growl. he amazing part of this was that I hate asparagus. When I was a small child I remember my mother forcing me to eat it out of a can. The texture was so horrible I couldn't stomach it until recently. A neighbor had me try her Asparagus Soup and let me just say... WOW. I guess maybe its a grown up thing but now I've grown a taste for it.

This is simple, without a lot of ingredients so that the flavor of the vegetable comes through. It serves 3-4.


2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 bunch Aparagus
1 lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste (fresh ground)
Parmesan shavings

1) In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.

2) Break off ends of asparagus then cut each stalk in 1-2" pieces.

3) Add asparagus to skillet and grind in Sea Salt and Black Pepper. Using a hand grater, grate in about 1 tsp (or whole lemon peel) lemon rind. Cut lemon in half and squeeze in juice of half. Continue to stir frequently until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5-8 minutes. Do not let scorch.

4) Move to a serving platter and toss with fresh parmesan shavings.

No comments:

Post a Comment