Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Huli Huli Chicken

A friend of mine had mentioned this wonderful dish she and her husband had tried when they lived in Kentucky. Now that they have moved to Washington, they are unable to find it or the sauce it was made with. Well, you all know me, I went on a web hunt. I finally found the recipe on Disney's site of all places! But the day I was to try it out for myself, we had one of our rare occurances of snow falling. Normally I would grill ANY time of the year, but it was just a might too cold to be outside every few minutes to marinate meat.

The recipe that follows is my version of a Hawaiian dish called Huli Huli Chicken. It is typically grilled on traditional Hawaiian drums and comes out a marvelous flavor. Mine isn't quite like that, although it DOES use the traditional sauce, mine is made in the oven. I hope you all give it a try!



2 lb Chicken (boneless)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
1/4 cup Pineapple Puree
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1" Ginger Root, minced or grated
2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar

1) Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet in foil and spray with non-stick spray.

2) Mix ingredients in bowl. Coat chicken and place on prepared baking sheet.

3) Bake 20-30 minutes, flipping over half way through and coating in sauce every 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment