Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

West Texas Goulash

It's Makeover Monday and today we are making over an old standard in many kitchens that we all grew up in... Goulash. I'm sure you remember it with the elbow pasta swimming in stewed tomatoes and ground beef. I still have nightmares over it! To this day I have a had time eating both cooked tomatoes as well as elbow pasta.

So I went on a web search (again) to find something more along our tastes. Nope... nothing looked good to me. The closest I came was when I went to the Moms Who Think website and found THIS little number. But it still wasn't quite right. That is why I have remade it to fit my own taste buds with a bit of spice to make my hunny happy. This recipe feeds about 4.



1 lb Ground Beef
1 tbsp Worechestershire Sauce
1 Carrot, peeled and diced
4 Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
3 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Cholula
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tbsp Parsley
1 cup Spinach, chopped
1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, sliced in half
3 cup Beef Broth
2 cups Egg Noodles
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Mozzerella, shredded
Crushed Red Pepper (Optional)

1) In large skillet brown beef with carrots. Drain off grease, return to pan. Add mushrooms, garlic, paprika, chalula, cayenne and parsley, stir and cook until veggies are tender. Add tomatoes, noodles and broth and cook 8-10 minutes, until noodles are tender. Dump all into a collander to drain any excess grease or liquid.

2) In same skillet, add in sour cream and stir over med-low heat until it becomes liquidfied, then add in the mozzerella and stir to melt. Pour in noodle mixture and toss to incorporate sauce with the rest of the ingredients.

3) Serve warm with a sprinkling of Crushed Red Pepper if prefered.

No comments:

Post a Comment