Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Egg Nog Cookies

I found this delightful recipe over at the Hungry Girl blog. Super yummy! These came out moist and kind of cakey with a not too sweet icing. I had to add a few things for my own taste buds as well as to make up for the altitude (I live about a mile high). They still came out wonderful. I am making a trip into town today to bring some to my mom. After all, its the least I could do for that EVIL recipe she sent me... 5 Minute Orange Kissed Chocolate Cake. I mean, how cruel can one's own mother be? ;-)

I made around 20 cookies with this, but I also used a bigger spoon.



1 1/2 cups Flour (add 2 tbs if living in higher altitudes)
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp All Spice
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
6 tbs Butter, soft (leave out for a couple hours before you begin)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup Egg Nog

1) Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2) In medium bowl, mix flour, nutmeg, all spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; set aside.

3) In large bowl beat together (hand mixer or if your lucky use your Kitchen Aid mixer) the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.

Alternately add in the flour and egg nog, starting and ending with the flour (add too much flour at once will cause a white out in your kitchen... take it form someone with lots of experience with this!).

4) Using a spoon, drop spoonfuls onto the cookie sheets about 1 1/2" apart. Bake one sheet at a time until cookies become puffy and edges are a light brown, about 9-12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before moving cookies to wire rack and icing them (Glaze Recipe follows).

For the Glaze:
1 cup Powdered Sugar (plus more if needed)
Dash of Salt
1/8 tsp Nutmeg, freshly grated or ground
2 tbsp Egg Nog
1 tbsp Butter, melted

1) In small bowl, mix all together with a spoon until smooth. Add more or less powdered sugar until you get a good consistancy. Using back of spoon, smooth and drizzle tops of cookies 5 minutes after coming out of oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment