Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Bars (No Baking!)

So, the other day I was hungering for something sweet. My first thought was to try making Divinity... after all, I had just bought everything to make it. Or so I thought. Apparently my hunny had a hankering for eggs one night and used them all up. At least he didn't find the cherries!

Well, off I went in search of a recipe that was quick, easy and most importantly, something I had all the ingredients for here at the house since town is 17 miles away. I finally settled on Oatmeal Bars. Although, I was unable to come up with all the "proper" ingredients, I WAS able to get this one together. It wasn't quick, but the results were great! I had to hide them in the fridge until they were ready to take pictures of since my hunny kept trying to get into them before they were ready.

This recipe was made for a small amount but can easily be doubled.



1 1/4 cup Oatmeal (quick oats)
1/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/3 cup Butter
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
1 cup Cranberries, dried (Craisins)
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Peanut Butter

1) In large bowl mix oats, sugar, butter, cinnamon and syrup. Place in microwave and heat 2-4 minutes until mixture becomes bubbly.

3) Spread mixture evenly in bottom of foil lined loaf pan. Top with cranberries and pat down. Chill in refrigerator 2 hours.

4) In bowl mix together chips and peanut butter. Heat in microwave 1-1/2 minutes, just until chocolate becomes soft. Remove and immediately begin to stir. Continue until all is smooth and blended well. Spread over top of oat bars and place in refigerator another 2 hours for chocolate to set.

5) Slice into bars and keep in air tight container in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment