Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Herb Grilled Shrimp

So, my hunny was hankering for some shrimp. Well, most of you already know I'm very allergic to all fish. As a matter of fact, the only thing from the water I can eat is seaweed. Good thing I like it in my Won Ton Soup! So I went on a search for a good marinade I could use since I was already grilling up my Pomegranate and Red Wine Steak. Why not make it a surf and turf weekend?!?

This one sounded yummy and was found over on the She Knows website. The recipe is made for 2 pounds of shrimp, but I found cutting it down was easy and still had lots of flavor.



  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 medium yellow onion, diced small
    1/4 cups minced fresh parsley (2 tbsp dried)
    1/4 cups minced fresh basil (2 tbsp dried)
    1 tsp dry mustard
    2 tsp Chinese Hot Mustard
    2 teaspoons sea salt
    1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
    1/4 cup Sesame Oil
    1-2 tsp Lemon Juice
    2 pounds shrimp, deveined

    1) Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the shrimp to the bowl, toss to coat with the mixture and marinate for up to 2 hours covered and at room temperature.

    2) Brush the grill rack with oil and prepare the grill on medium heat. Place on shrimp and grill for 2 minutes on each side. If you do not have a rack like the one in the picture, soak wooded skewers in water for 30 minutes then slide on the shrimp and grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment